SlideShare: With SlideShare, you can upload your presentations, documents, and videos and share them with students and colleagues. Even better, you can take advantage of materials that other have uploaded as well.
One example from a project:
- Animoto: Animoto makes it simple to create video-based lessons or presentations for the classroom and to share them with students or anyone else. The free version only allows 30 seconds but for many things it can be enough.
- Prezi: And online tool to make inteactive presentations. You can also work collaborativeley. This is what the students did in one of our projects.
- YouTube: You can publish your videos.
As we go on producing content and adding more tools to our learning we need a way to organize all this information. It's an important aspect of our PLE and of any project we may be involved. It will help us find the informaton we may need and will make easier our learning.
- Symbaloo: Symbaloo is a personal startpage that allows you to easily navigate the web and compile your favorite sites all into one visual interface.
- Flipboard: Flipboard is your personal magazine, the single place for all your interests. It adds news and social media.
- Scoop.it: Content Curation Service
- Paper.li: Paper.li is a content curation service. It enables people to publish newspapers based on topics they like and treat their readers to fresh news, daily.
- Storify: Create stories using social media. Turn what people post on social media into compelling stories. Collect the best photos, video, tweets and more to publish. As teachers we can develop the curriculum and create units about a concete theme using several sources and multimedia elements.- Pnterest: A content sharing service that allows members to "pin" images, videos and other objects to their pin board. Also includes standard social networking features..
- Digo: Collect, save and tag your online resources for easy access anytime, anywhere. Annotate web pages and PDF's directly as you browse online. Organize your links, references and personal input to create a structured research base through Outliner.
- Pearltrees: The place to share and organize everything you like. We are using it to upload your blogs.
These tools are good ones to prepare activities in a motivating way:
- Quizlet: Simple tools for learning anything. Search millions of study sets or create your own. Improve your school results by studying with flashcards, games and more.
- Kahoot: Kahoot! is a game-based learning and trivia platform used in classrooms, offices and social settings. Sign up to create, play and share engaging quizzes on any topic!
- Educaplay: Multimedia Educational Activities.You can create your own or search your perfect activity in a wide catalog with all kinds of subjects and levels. There are different kind of activitis: crosswords, wordsearch, riddles, fill the blank... And it's free!
- Timegraphics: Free online timeline maker.
- Myhistro: One of the most innovative free timeline creation tools that can be used as a map creation platform. Watch and read thousands of fascinating timelines, or create your own. Complete with text, video and pictures to create a dynamic timeline mashup.
Click the image.
- Pincello: Simple, accessible online timeline generator
Mindmaps are a very helpful tool for our students and for teachers. They help them organise what they are learning.
- Popplet: Popplet is a tool for the iPad and web to capture and organize your ideas.
- Mindom: The free version allows 3. You can make it work as a presentation. Once you enter the application you have tutorials.
- Bubbl.us: It allows embeding.
- Coggle: Coggle is a collaborative mind-mapping tool that helps you make sense of complex things. Create unlimited mind maps and easily share them with friends and colleagues.
Record sounds - Audacity: It is a free open source digital audio editor and recording computer software application, available for Windows, macOS/OS X, Linux and other operating systems. You have to download it to the computer.
- Vocaroo: It's a very easy tool to record sounds. You can also upload something you already have recorded. It's possible to embed it.
- Soundcloud: You can record your own files and you can listen to others music.
These three tools have a free version. As happens with most of the tools, the free version features are limited but you can work with them.